Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt and debian (was something else)

From: Raphael Hertzog
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] quilt and debian (was something else)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 00:42:01 +0100

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Tim Bird wrote:
> I agree with Greg.  I have several trees that have over 1000 patches.

Why are you using quilt and not a VCS for those heavy cases?

> I haven't looked at the details of what you are suggesting, but
> any change that slows 'quilt pop' down by a factor of 3 is not
> acceptable (to me).

It would be nice to loose less speed but from the point of view
of a distribution maker, having it as a shell script simplifies
the bootstrapping of a new port:

BTW, now we've gone one even one step further since we have a new source
package format compatible with quilt... expect more feedback from
Debianers due to this.

Cheers,
--
Raphaƫl Hertzog