Re: [RP] Placing and sizing of dialog boxes

From: eichin-ratp
Subject: Re: [RP] Placing and sizing of dialog boxes
Date: Wed Feb 13 10:04:19 2002

I had a similar problem with MoneyDance (commercial java finance app,
but downloadable.)  Certain dialogs would pop up with a corner about
mid-screen, but clearly resized to the full screen size.  cycling
through the window list (or even just c-t c-t toggling away from the
dialog and back) would get it recentered.

However, I haven't seen this behaviour recently -- probably since
upgrading to a version from CVS that fixed the infinite-loop-of-errors
problem.  (I haven't tried specifically to duplicate it, but I have
used moneydance since then...)  It is also possible that a java/jdk
upgrade fixed the problem -- java-under-X has always had some really
stupid X-specific bugs, like the one in the Apple Airport Base Station
Configurator (jsevy's program) where it would run, but all the
text-entry-fields would be zero width so you couldn't enter an ip
address... under vtwm or sawfish, it helped to resize the window a
bunch of times, or at least it sometimes did.  I haven't seen it at
all under ratpoison, but again, that could be a java interpreter
upgrade rather than a change in ratpoison...