Re: [RP] Placing and sizing of dialog boxes

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] Placing and sizing of dialog boxes
Date: Thu Feb 14 11:27:06 2002

Eduard Werner <address@hidden> writes:

> > > but when I then try C-x 5 0 it says "attempt to delete minibuffer or
> > > sole ordinary window". There seems to be something missing here (or it's
> > > simply me missing sth :-(

Try this command:

C-h k C-x 5 0

You'll find that C-x 5 0 is bound to delete-frame. If you only have 1
frame, emacs will not delete it. I believe what you are trying to do
is something like:

C-x 5 b

for buffer-other-frame.

> Well, I guess emacs you already have :-) Chu Shogi can be obtained
> from http://www.colina.demon.co.uk/ChuV2-10.jar (I just checked--sorry for
> getting it
> wrong in my first post).  You needn't compile anything--that's only
> if you want the newer version of the computer player. Just unpack and
> "java Chu".  After saying "Load game" you have to say "Begin the Game"
> to get the dialog box.  Or take "New game", make a move and say "Save
> game".

I'll have a look at this. Oh boy! I'm going to install Java! I feel so MODERN!