Re: [RP] resize patch

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [RP] resize patch
Date: Fri Aug 9 11:47:03 2002

Henrik Enberg <address@hidden> writes:

> Here's a patch against Ratpoison CVS that implements resizing of
> frames.  There are four new commands: vgrow, vshrink, hgrow and hshrink
> that grows or shrinks the currently selected frame vertically or
> horizontally.
>
> There are a few issues.  First, the resize size is hardcoded to 10
> pixels in conf.h.  This might be too large or too small.  Perhaps it
> should use some percentage of the screen width/height?

Thanks for the patch Henrik. I've wanted to implement something like
this for some time. I'm almost done finals so I hope to have a bit of
time this month to work on integrating the mass of patches that have
been sent to this list.

The prefix argument could be useful. But apart from these resizing
commands is there anything they'd be used for? I am thinking that an
interactive frame resize would be a better way to go. Then you can use
<insert your favorite movement keystrokes> to resize the frame to the
desired size. And then for command-line operation, the command could
take a numeric argument or a +N -N style argument so the frame could
be effectively resized in scripts.

Thoughts?

--
Shawn