Re: [RP] Really the same thread.

From: twb
Subject: Re: [RP] Really the same thread.
Date: Sat Dec 20 13:54:01 2003

Quoth Cameron Patrick <address@hidden> on or about Sat, 20 Dec 2003 19:56:33
+0800:
> BTW is it just me, or is tmpwm broken?  When I use it, ratpoison doesn't
> come back properly after the other wm exits.  From .xsession-errors:

Yup.  It was broken months ago.  I run ratpoison from inside a keep-alive
script:

        $@; sleep 0.05;  exec $0 $@

, use :newwm to switch wm and C-M-Backspace to quit.
When you get weird errors, you can just killall -9 ratpoison.

> [1] Hmm, we could also have screen{up,down,left,right,other} for
> consistency?  Might be useful for people with more than three heads. ;-)

IMO we should review the entire colon-command nomenclature, make the
names consistent e.g. {next,prev,other,l,r,u,d}_{window,frame,screen}.
It's logical :-) It breaks scripts :-(

-Trent