[RP] trying to use THE RATPOISON better

From: Robert Lorentz
Subject: [RP] trying to use THE RATPOISON better
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:00:19 -0500

Hello list and thank you all for ratpoison! Finally a wm I can feel like I am using, instead of vice versa.

I have searched the wiki and documentation trying to find a feature, perhaps someone can tell me if it exists or not. I really like having firefox running in frame 0, irssi in frame 1, and xmms in frame 2, which kind of leads to this..

First of all, is there a way to have these load up by default when I start ratpoison? I could exec the 3, but they have significantly differently load times so they don't end up in that order... I'm looking for something like 'exec xmms and make it reside in frame 2'. Does this exist?

Secondly, sometimes I screw things up and I end up with frame 0 having a term in it or whatever, so firefox will load up on a frame 'later down the line' like frame 5 or something. Since I always have a lot of tabs open, its a hassle to close firefox just to reopen it in another frame. Is there a way to force moving an app from one frame to another?

Thanks,

Robert