Re: [RP] trying to use THE RATPOISON better

From: Robert Lorentz
Subject: Re: [RP] trying to use THE RATPOISON better
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:32:28 -0500

Joe Corneli wrote:

> Secondly, sometimes I screw things up and I end up with frame 0 having a > term in it or whatever, so firefox will load up on a frame 'later down > the line' like frame 5 or something. Since I always have a lot of tabs > open, its a hassle to close firefox just to reopen it in another frame. > Is there a way to force moving an app from one frame to another?

  That's a lot simpler. Simply type "number 0" (or where you wanted it) at
  your favorite colon prompt.

I think that changes the Window number, not the Frame number.

To move things around between frames, I've always done a somewhat
elaborate :other :next ... routine.  There's no need to close the ap
if you do things this way, but it would be nice if there was a simpler
way.

**

To generalize what Martin said, you could also write a script (modify
nogaps.el for example) that will (re)assign each of your applications
the window number you prefer to have it associated with.