rule-list

Re: [RULE] Structure of slinky filesystem/bin folder

From: M. Fioretti
Subject: Re: [RULE] Structure of slinky filesystem/bin folder
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:28:23 +0100

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 09:37:03 AM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz (address@hidden) wrote:

> >Now the question is (if) how to recreate such links on the website,
> >and in any related tarball, to decrease download size.
>
> Not sure you can do that, since symbolic (or other) links are
> treated differently under different OS's. Besides, downloading a
> link seems... odd, don't you think?
>
> Perhaps a simpler option would be to create a 10-second hack of a
> script that basically says:
>
> $ for i in cp ls rm mv cat ; do ln -s ./busybox $i; done
>
> and then just make just it gets executed somehow.

Yes, that's the same thing I was thinking: create a much smaller
developer tarball with an INSTALL script inside which does the above
and whatever else is needed.

Ciao,
        Marco Fioretti

--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.
                                  Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986)