Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help-grub and bug-grub

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help-grub and bug-grub
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 20:51:37 +0100

On Saturday 09 February 2008 11:19, Robert Millan wrote:
> With address@hidden we didn't have any problem with spam, since it's
> subscriber-only.  If help-grub is made subscriber-only as well, we can
> avoid the spam too.
>
> Unless Okuji planned to moderate help-grub of course. Okuji, what do you
> think?

I think, bug-* and help-* have been traditionally open to non-subscribers. But
I don't know if it is really important... As far as I see, Information For
Maintainers of GNU Software does not mention any rule about how open contacts
should be. So I guess it is acceptable to make the list writable only for
subscribers, although it would be surely inconvenient for the user who just
wants to ask one question.

Okuji