Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help-grub and bug-grub

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] help-grub and bug-grub
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 12:39:13 +0100

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 04:25:01PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     We moderate non-subscriber email.
>
> That is, "we", meaning a small group of volunteers of whom Bob and I are
> two, are willing to moderate non-subscriber email to any GNU lists for
> which there is no one else willing.  (We already handle dozens.)  If you
> want us to help with help-grub, just say the word and I will add
> address@hidden as a moderator.

Hi Karl,

I do really appreciate your efforts, although I still think it's a bad
approach at dealing with spam.  May I suggest you accept mail from non
subscribers, but only when it comes in an envelope with traceable domain
name (and that domain isn't RHBLed)?

I've been doing that for years, and it's very reliable.  Of course, there's
yet the people who insist on their envelopes being untraceable, but they
aren't many and it's up to you how to handle them.

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)