[Savannah-hackers] Re: sf versus savannah

From: Marcel Hild
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: sf versus savannah
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:47:35 +0200

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:03:54PM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
>       Those extensions could be really useful. I sincerly doubt you'll
> find sourceforge responsive on this subject but you should try. The plan
> for Savannah is to move away from the completly custom code intermixed
> with HTML. In order to achieve this I figure the best way would be to
> progressively migrate to use phpGroupWare. Nothing has been undertaken
> yet. The ultimate goal is to have a proper software (upgradable + installable)

ok, that makes sense. right now i am looking into phpgw, from the first glance
it seems to me that they have implemented a lot features SF also provides.
have you made any contact to the phpGW people?

> that provides the functionalities of Savannah or SourceForge. I still have
> the remote hope that the SourceForge crew realize that it's a goal worth
> to achieve, at some point. This is much too unlikely to really count on it,
> though ;-)

:) that was also my impression. so lets focus on porting the SF specific
features to phpGW. do you have anything in a written form, or is it all in your
mind ?

cheers,
 marcel