[Savannah-hackers] Re: sf versus savannah

From: Marcel Hild
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: sf versus savannah
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 13:42:36 +0200

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 01:16:37PM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:

>  > :) that was also my impression. so lets focus on porting the SF
>  > specific features to phpGW. do you have anything in a written form,
>  > or is it all in your mind ?
>
>       All in my mind. I was thinking of doing it incrementaly, not all
> at once. It would go as follows:
>
>       . Define an export format (XML based) for the core data (this
>         is the goal of coopx.eu.org) i.e. persmission, projects,
>         users.

Do you already have a phpGW installation that runs in productive mode ?

I mean the export of savannah data to phpGW makes sense, but i dont know
wheather its worth to define a whole export format, if we can just write
a conversion script which reads from svannah DB (maybe using savannah code)
and writes into phpGW.

I cant say how many people/companies out there really use SF (and maybe in
cooperation with phpGW). If its not so many, I would do it the straight forward
way:

>       When this is done a problems are fixed (two/three
> weeks). Start the migration of one application (task list for instance
> ?). And do each application one after the other until there are none left.

This would result in to tasks being done at the same time:
 1) A conversion tool, that reads from savannah and writes into
    phpGW
 2) Porting the savannah features to phpGW, which are not _so_ many, from my
    first look at phpGW (e.g. they have projects, they have a trouble ticket
    system).

What do you think?

 cheers

 marcel