Re: [Savannah-hackers] Vesta for savannah?

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Vesta for savannah?
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 17:15:38 +0200

 > The other side of this is that there are a number of us who help
 > maintain CVS in smaller ways, advising users, performing small admin
 > tasks, etc...
 >
 > If there was a different system that wouldn't happen for some time
 > (maybe even a few years) and the burden on the appointed
 > administrators would be increased.

        True. My intention was not to claim that Jaime and I do all
the work. Mathieu Roy is answering numerous support requests related
to CVS, Laurent Julliard provided a precious patch and explained why
it was necessary, Gordon Eagle implemented the NGROUPS_MAX patch to
cope with the large number of group per users and the fact that about
everyone volunteering their time GNU project is familiar with CVS
further cuts down the number of requests that are actually sent to
address@hidden

        Putting it this way tends to give the impression that we are
rejecting an alternative. On the contrary, every alternative is most
welcome assuming that a new volunteer is willing to deal with it.

        Cheers,