Re: [Savannah-hackers] Free Curriculum Project

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Free Curriculum Project
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:46:46 +0000

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 10:07:59PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> I cannot find out clearly what is be the goal of the project. To me
> curriculum means course of honnors ; in general, a list of tasks to
> complete in a particular order to get a special rank in a society. I
> do not get how it can be "implemented".

What he means by curriculum (correct me Peter if I'm wrong) is the set of
lecture notes and written material to support the lessons given at a School.
It is a documentation project, although it is somehow out of the scope of
Savannah, unless that curriculum has to do with teaching computing using free
software. For instance, a book on biology would not fit in Savannah (even if
it has a free documentation license) but a book on Python programmang would fit
perfectly.

Cheers,
Jaime