[Savannah-hackers] Re: Free Curriculum Project

From: Peter Hutnick
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Free Curriculum Project
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 06:12:30 -0700 (MST)

> I cannot find out clearly what is be the goal of the project.

Just above you quoted my application as saying:

> The project goal is to create a written plan for educating a child
> from "Kindergarten to 12th grade" and to create a complete set
> of course materials under the GNU Free Documentation License to
> implement this curriculum including textbooks, workbooks,
> "homework" and tests.

That's the goal.

> To me
> curriculum means course of honnors ; in general, a list of tasks to
> complete in a particular order to get a special rank in a society. I do
> not get how it can be "implemented".

m-w.com (Merriam-Webster) says: cur*ric*u*lum: 1 : the courses offered by
an educational institution

With this context what I mean is creating all the resources (course
outlines, lecture notes, tests, quizes, worksheets, etc) necessary to
teach all the classes necessary to graduate High School.

-Peter