[Savannah-hackers] Free Curriculum Project

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Free Curriculum Project
Date: 12 Nov 2002 22:07:59 +0100

        Submitted Description: The Free Curriculum Project is an
        effort to create a complete curriculum and set of course
        materials that are "Free" in the GNU sense. Home school
        students are the obvious target audience, but there isn't any
        reason that public or private schools couldn't or shouldn't
        use any or all of this material. Scope We'd all like to be
        everything to everyone. We can't. I'd love to see this project
        grow to be objectively and universally "the best" curriculum
        for every level of education in every language and every
        culture in the world. In the mean time, I propose the
        following modest constraints. The initial curriculum will be
        for English speaking American students. It is intended to be a
        course from birth to "High School Graduation." Goal The
        project goal is to create a written plan for educating a child
        from "Kindergarten to 12th grade" and to create a complete set
        of course materials under the GNU Free Documentation License
        to implement this curriculum including textbooks, workbooks,
        "homework" and tests. It does not exist yet but I'm working on
        it. The current "home page" is http://hutnick.com/fcp/. I am
        working on a Comp Sci text, which is coming along nicely. I
        hope to cull large portions of the material from public domain
        works. All original materials will be distributed under the
        terms of the GNU FDL. All substantial edits to public domain
        works will be under the FDL.

I cannot find out clearly what is be the goal of the project. To me
curriculum means course of honnors ; in general, a list of tasks to
complete in a particular order to get a special rank in a society. I
do not get how it can be "implemented".

Could you resubmit your project with statements about it?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you received  at submission