[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Params::Validate - savannah.nongnu

From: Dave Rolsky
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Params::Validate - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:50:45 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Mathieu Roy wrote:

> In order to release your project under the GPL you
> should write copyright notices and copying permission
> statements at the beginning of every source-code file, and
> include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
> (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt). Copy it for instance
> into a file named COPYING.

I can't include _just_ the GPL.  I'd have to include both the GPL and
Artistic License.  But actually, I didn't realize I'd forgotten to do
that.

> Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
> above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
> track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
> yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
> time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
> have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
> understanding.

Yeesh, this is a PITA.  It would've been much easier to just register the
project and add it to the CVS repository on Savannah.  Requiring to make
another release seems a bit excessively beauracratic.

-dave

House Absolute Consulting
www.houseabsolute.com