[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Params::Validate - savannah.nongnu

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Params::Validate - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 14 Jan 2003 18:17:00 +0100

> > Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
> > above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to
> > keep track of projects that have been answered but have not been
> > approved yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the
> > project again every time some change has to be done to the
> > registration, and users might have to register their projects
> > several times. Thank you for your understanding.
>
> Yeesh, this is a PITA.  It would've been much easier to just register the
> project and add it to the CVS repository on Savannah.  Requiring to make
> another release seems a bit excessively beauracratic.

It may seems so. We are volunteers and cannot spend time to check if
people really make what they told at registration step. While usually
people make so, they are still people that write things whithout giving
a toss about and so it requires us to re-check projects after
registration. And its too much extra-work for us.

So our policy is to accept project only when all requirement (well, we
have few requirements in fact - only legal issues and freedom sake)
are met.

Hope you will understand our position,