[Savannah-hackers] submission of palito - a real time strategy game - s

From: barrett
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of palito - a real time strategy game - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:40:53 -0500

Rodolfo Borges <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: hmm no GPL V2 only option.. :)
btw, how old stallman is?
Package: palito - a real time strategy game
System name: palito
Type: non-GNU

Palito is a real time strategy war game.

It\'s inspired on Total Annihilation, by Cavedog
(http://www.cavedog.com/totala/).

The goal is not to clone TotalA, but to add new concepts and features to it\'s
gameplay. (In fact I would prefer to hack TotalA, but it\'s closed source, so
I\'m creating my own game from scratch.)

It\'s being developted for X11(GNU/Linux) (using plain Xlib) and Windows (using
plain GDI). Other ports can happen (framebuffer or svgalib, text mode..) The
portability is implented on a little internal library (named flush), that also
have a simple script language for drawing units (and other objects).

The networking will follow the client/server model (currently some networking
is poorly implemented, just two players, not serious..).

There is a homepage at
http://palito.9hells.org/

and the source tarballs are here
http://palito.9hells.org/src/

and also conveniently extracted and syntax-hilighted here
http://palito.9hells.org/src/palito/

Other Software Required:
The only current library dependency is expat, a XML parser.
http://expat.sourceforge.net/

This can change later, as the game is at early development
(no sound/music yet, for example).