[Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving cfengine to savannah: licensing question.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Moving cfengine to savannah: licensing question.
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 14:22:47 -0500

    I would like to confirm you want explicitly the version 2 of the GNU
    GPL.

This statement says repeatedly that he can make the decision and we
will follow his decision.  That is not true.  This is the FSF's
decision.

We want to be polite and ask for his cooperation, but we should not
say or imply that we will keep the program under GPL 2 alone if he
tells us to.