Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Software libero per la Pubblica amm

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Software libero per la Pubblica amministrazione - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 01:43:23 +0100

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 02:15:35AM +0200, Raphael Calvelli wrote:
> Hello James,
>
> as I wrote to Loic in separate email, it's not quite a 'just a
> software' project. On the 7th of May, I participate to a conference
> in Roma about public administration and Open Source related software
> (see www.forumpa.it). Hard because in a non-totally-friendly
> atmosphere.
> Public will be programmers and IT Directors of Public administration
> of Local and State Administration. Alessandro Rubini, from gnu and
> FSFE Italy, will be there.
>
> Beside my intervention, I thought it could be interesting to make
> available a page where all those people could really, concretely
> speaking, find and repose their software in GPL conditions. Most of
> them just heard of GPL, but are not using this licence for their
> intern development, and so they would like a concrete demonstration.
> It could also be a tool to let them discover software on savannah.
> So, this project in savannah would gather documentation (in
> italian!), and some already existing GPL software. Then, those people
> would have the possibility to send their own code, assuming of course
> that it be GPL.
>
> I hope you cought my  intention. It's only in a week, it's important
> and it's urgent, and I need a few days to put all that on the
> webpage. I will be happy to answer any other question.

Hi Raphael,
I'm sorry that I cannot help you because approving anything different from
software/software-documentation projects goes out of our jurisdiction in
Savannah. We have been told by the FSF that other kinds of projects might
raise new issues which should be considered directly by the FSF. I suggest
that you try to turn your idea into an FSF Europe project for which Alessandro
can help you. Or get in touch directly with Richard Stallman; if he tells us
that we can approve your project, we will do it immediately.

Regards,
Jaime