Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Software libero per la Pubblica amm

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Software libero per la Pubblica amministrazione - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:28:28 +0100

Hi Raphael,
I'm sorry for the late reply. There were some complications with a surgery
my mother went through on Saturday, which kept me away for Sunday (things are
stable now); and the last two days I was out from my workplace in a Conference.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 08:57:02PM +0200, Raphael Calvelli wrote:

> For your propositions: they are ok, but keep in eye that my aim is to
> invite programmers and non-computer people (directors) to look for
> and put various software parcels on a website. I think that several
> project as you suggest would be too complicated for my people, and
> that they won't use it.
>
> So: would it be possible that the several projects that you suggest
> have a same presentation page, like a Directory? (like 'public adm' >
> project 1, project 2..., with a 1-page presentation in public adm)
>
> I thought not necessiraly something as http://www.gnu.org/directory/;
> The only important thing for me is that I give them a single URl (for
> exemple http://savannah.gnu.org/pa, or really ideally
> http://pa.gnu.org, and they see all the material and can publish it
> easily.

If your people find it complicated using sv.non-gnu.org/project/pa1
sv.non-gnu.org/project/pa2 ... sv.non-gnu.org/project/pan rather than
a single sv.non-gnu.org/project/pa page, I'm afraid they are going to find it
extremely complicated to use the CVS inteface we use for Savannah.
In that case you will have to register the projects and update the repository
yourself; and you can register separate projects and then point to them from
the homepage of the "pa" central project.

We requiere independent projects rather than software distributions, because
we want to evaluate the license and objectives of each project and know that
they will not change after we've done our initial evaluation. Keeping track of
objectives and license changes every time some new packages enters a
distribution would require too much work which we do not have time to do.

> it's not easy to discuss and find solutions by email: due to the
> short time, I'd prefer to discuss it by phone. give me your phone,
> and I'll call you,

my office number is +351 225 081 676 (7a.m.-17a.m. GMT)
and my mobile number: +351 914 224 112

Regards,
Jaime