Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Software libero per la Pubblica amm

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Software libero per la Pubblica amministrazione - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 15:15:12 +0100

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 03:07:41AM +0200, Raphael Calvelli wrote:
> But it would be a kind of software documentation project. The content
> would be, for example:
> - a few specific softwares useful for public administration, as
> cemetary concessions or fine management, or specific kinds of
> accounting
> - a few documentation about that software (which would be a bit more
> detailed, but normal documentation)
>
> Let me know.

Hi Raphael,
that sounds OK. Please register independent projects then. For example, you
could register 3 projects:

PROJECT 1
project name: cemetary
has been specifically oriented to the needs of public administrations. It uses
the "necromancy" libraries, which are Free Software
(www.necromancy.twilight.zone) etc. etc.

PROJECT 2
project name: fine-management
award-wining, algorithm "Fine Management"......

PROJECT 3
project name: savdoc-pubadmin
documentation will be specifically oriented to tell public administrations
around the world how to use Savannah to search for existing projects that they
can use, register there own projects or collaborate with on-going projects;
other groups might find this documentation useful too.
We will cover everything, from licensing issues to advantages of free software
in the public administration. Most of the documentation is in Italian, but a
group of volunteers is helping us translate it into other languages.

If new projects appear, we prefer that they are registered separately. We
prefer to deal with several small projects rather than with collections of
software (through PROJECT 3 you can help your audience how to do their own
registration in Savannah).

Cheers,

Jaime
(who is also trying to convince the Portuguese public administration to use
and produce only Free Software; see www.ansol.org)