Re: [Savannah-hackers] unexpected password change for address@hidden

From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] unexpected password change for address@hidden
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 22:52:42 -0400 (EDT)

> The master password in Mailman is the one of a mailing-list with a
> special name. So I doubt it has any side-effect on other mailing-lists.

It occurred to me this evening that I really don't know enough about
mailman.  :(  I've downloaded the source and am reading through it.

My actual observations were:

. I had a moderation password that worked on several mailing lists

. Yesterday, this password stopped working on some lists
    (gdb, dejagnu, dejagnu-commit, bug-dejagnu).

. But my password keeps working on other lists (bug-gdb in particular).

. Rob Savoye had a *different* password for dejagnu, dejagnu-commit,
  and bug-dejagnu.  His password has continued to work with no problem.

. Today, Rob reset the moderator password for his 3 dejagnu lists
  to a new password that I communicated to him over the phone.

. The new password works fine.

. However, nobody but me knows anything about the bug-gdb and gdb lists.
  The old moderators did not respond at all to any e-mail for more than
  a year, so I started administrating and moderating these lists this
  year, without changing their passwords.  Now I'm locked out of
  address@hidden

> I beg to suggest you create a GPG key and publish it to several public
> key servers (such as pgp.mit.edu) as well as to your Savannah account,
> as it really eases this kind of problems.

Okay, I will do that.

Michael C