Re: [Savannah-help-public] Redirecting bug-gnu-emacs to emacsbugs

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Redirecting bug-gnu-emacs to emacsbugs
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:14:54 -0700

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>  > >>>>> "Sylvain" == Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:
>  > > On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 09:55:11PM -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote:
>
>  > >> >> All email sent to address@hidden should not go to Mailman,
>  > >> >> but instead it should be forwarded to
>  > >> >> address@hidden
>  > >> >>
>  > >> >> Then all mail currently sent from Emacsbugs to the
>  > >> >> address@hidden mailing list should be distributed to
>  > >> >> the members of the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list.
>
>  > >> > Well, there's no magic. The only working
>  > >> > "address@hidden" adress is "address@hidden",
>  > >> > so if you want to make that one point to somewhere else, we need to
>  > >> > rename the Mailman mailing list.
>
> I don't think this is true.  AFAIK Mailman knows nothing and cares
> less about the envelope recipient.
>
> So you should currently have an alias (sendmail-style, and I'm kinda
> guessing here, depends on Mailman version and suchlike)
>
> bug-gnu-emacs:                "|/var/lib/mailman/bin/mailman post
> bug-gnu-emacs"
>
> Change that to
>
> bug-gnu-emacs:                address@hidden
> bug-gnu-emacs-really: "|/var/lib/mailman/bin/mailman post bug-gnu-emacs"
>
> Obviously you need the right configuration of the debbugs program at
> emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com, pointing back to "bug-gnu-emacs-really".
> Season nomenclature to taste (-recipients made line-length 82 columns ;-).

I can tweak things at my end if necessary to make sure that everything
either gets handled by submit or gets shot to the mailing list.

If this is ok with everyone, it'd be nice to give me a heads up before
deploying it though, so I'm around and can respond to any problems
that crop up. [I'm likely to be out for parts of this weekend.]

Don Armstrong

--
Build a fire for a man, an he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on
fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.