[Savannah-help-public] Re: Redirecting bug-gnu-emacs to emacsbugs

From: Don Armstrong
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Redirecting bug-gnu-emacs to emacsbugs
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:53:23 -0700

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Stefan Monnier wrote:
> RMS requested a few weeks ago to help Don setup bug-gnu-emacs so as to
> pass all of its traffic through a Debbugs instance that we've setup.
>
> More specifically, here's what we have now:

>   Don has setup a Debbugs bug tracker that we use for Emacs at
>   http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/.
>   All bugs sent there (and subsequent discussion) is sent to
>   a mailing-list address@hidden
>
> What we'd like is the following:
>
>   All email sent to address@hidden should not go to Mailman,
>   but instead it should be forwarded to
>   address@hidden
>
>   Then all mail currently sent from Emacsbugs to the
>   address@hidden mailing list should be distributed to
>   the members of the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list.
>
> I can edit /etc/aliases on fencepost to add an alias
>
>   bug-gnu-emacs: address@hidden
>
> which hopefully would take precedence over Mailman, but then I don't
> know how to let mail from address@hidden be sent to
> Mailman.  Is there a "address@hidden" address I could
> use?

Once the addres is known, I'll make it the address to which all bug
messages are sent; the headers that come out of debbugs are pretty
specific, so it'd be possible to lock down the incomming messages to
such an address pretty heavily too. [I can give you the procmail rules
we use for address@hidden if it helps, though
they're pretty basic.]

[Once we're past the initial testing phases, I assume we'll move the
bug tracking system to a machine somewhere at gnu.org.]

Don Armstrong

--
"The trouble with you, Ibid" he said, "is that you think you're the
biggest bloody authority on everything"