Re: [Savannah-help-public] Redirecting bug-gnu-emacs to emacsbugs

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Redirecting bug-gnu-emacs to emacsbugs
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:01:48 +0900

I don't think this is true.  AFAIK Mailman knows nothing and cares
less about the envelope recipient.

So you should currently have an alias (sendmail-style, and I'm kinda
guessing here, depends on Mailman version and suchlike)

bug-gnu-emacs:          "|/var/lib/mailman/bin/mailman post bug-gnu-emacs"

Change that to

bug-gnu-emacs:          address@hidden
bug-gnu-emacs-really:   "|/var/lib/mailman/bin/mailman post bug-gnu-emacs"

Obviously you need the right configuration of the debbugs program at
emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com, pointing back to "bug-gnu-emacs-really".
Season nomenclature to taste (-recipients made line-length 82 columns ;-).

Note that you now have three addresses where spam can get into the
pipeline.  I don't know how these "internal" addresses leak out, but
they sometimes do.  So you may wish to restrict the envelope sender to
bug-gnu-emacs-really to be "emacsbugs".  You probably also want to
ensure that traffic to "submit" always goes via the "bug-gnu-emacs"
alias, or you need to make "address@hidden" be an
alias of bug-gnu-emacs in the Mailman interface.