[savannah-help-public] automatically getting group's private data

From: Ineiev
Subject: [savannah-help-public] automatically getting group's private data
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 11:59:30 +0400

Hello,

I'm a maintainer of GNUN, the set of scripts used to regenerate
translations of www.gnu.org pages.

I'd like to develop some more or less general way to notify our
translators about their outdated translations: the script would
update its working copies of translations, generate reports
and email them as configured.

Sending the notifications would require read access to translators'
email addresses; that list should be unavailable publicly,
and it should be write-accessible for group's members.

So far, I couldn't come up with any better procedure than the following.

(0) The translation team maintains a private page e.g. in its tracker.
(1) On every modification of that page some team member encrypts it
    using GNUN public key and commits to team's repository.
(2) address@hidden cron job updates the working copy,
    decrypts the list and uses it to send the notifications.

Now, since the step (1) involves a considerable amount of manual work,
I wonder whether it can be replaced with something that runs
automatically?

Are there any other ideas on how to arrange the process?