Re: [savannah-help-public] automatically getting group's private data

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] automatically getting group's private data
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 00:07:51 GMT

Hi Ineiev,

    The problem is how to manage that file with addresses.

How about a local file on fencepost (only, not checked in to savannah),
readable only to the gnun user/group?  Presumably that's where the cron
job will run in the end, right?

I can't think of any normal features on savannah that will help maintain
a private file.  We could do something special to make a directory only
readable to a certain user or group, but I don't really see how that
would help.

I feel like I'm still missing something, sorry ...