Re: [savannah-help-public] automatically getting group's private data

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] automatically getting group's private data
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 23:23:36 GMT

    we certainly don't want to grant fencepost accounts just for this
    purpose, and I think accessing fencepost (that is, using ssh and
    editing the file remotely) could be essentially inconvenient or even
    hard for some members.

Oh, right.  Makes sense.

    My idea was about private tracker items:

Ah.  Clever :).

    is the possibility to read those items non-interactively.

Well, of course it is possible to program logging in to savannah.  But
I grant that it wouldn't be especially easy or fun to do.

How about this: if we're talking about a single tracker item, or url's
that follow the pattern, it seems to me we could easily do something
with the savannah web server config such that your script could use http
basic auth to retrieve the page with wget, or whatever.

Wdyt?  If you want to try, can you set up a test tracker item in the way
you envision and we can go from there?