self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] progress SELF Dev

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] progress SELF Dev
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 09:12:53 +0530

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Federico Heinz <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 21/02/2008, nair rajiv wrote:
>  > Please check this link Wouter:
>  > *http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/lessonsview?ssid=955
>  > *And then click on any of the lessons , you will be able to see the
>  > versions.*
>
>  I finally could figure out how to edit something!
>
>  If you click on that link, the right-hand pane shows some text ("Material
>  Creation This team contributes by providing learning materials, checking
>  existing ones and working to improve them. Members can also build learning
>  trajectories with existing materials, providing new ones or sharing their own
>  experience on using them in pedagogical activities with one other."), and the
>  "Edit" tab is enabled. I clicked on that tab, and the system crashed on me
> with
>  "KeyError" on ssid.
>
>  I don't know exactly what this text is supposed to be. In any case: if it is
>  meant to be editable, editing shoudl work. If it should not be editable, then
>  the "Edit" link should be disabled.
>
>  If I select a lesson first, and then click on edit, the system does work. It
>  does not allow for anonymous editing of a lesson, though. I think this is a
>  problem: anonymous users should be able to edit stuff (maybe only if they
>  absolve a captcha, to avoid spamming).

as answered earlier already in reply to Wouter's mail, edit does not
work for course object at the moment, but only for lessons.

Course and lesson are both objects, but do we need different forms.
If the templates are designed modularly, it is possible to have a
single template for all objects.  But, it seems, currently we have two
forms one for course and one for lesson.

regarding anonymous editing: we need to wait till a captcha kind of
solution is in place.  Also required is a mechanism to treat two
anonymous users as different based on cookie info.  I hope this is not
a priority.

Nagarjuna