[Simulavr-devel] raising signals from gdb

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] raising signals from gdb
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 12:39:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Keith Gudger wrote:

> Ted:
>
> I used your patch, and recompiled, so I'm trying out the signal command.
> When I type:
>
> "signal 96+12" I get:
> Only signals 1-15 are valid as numeric signals.
> Use "info signals" for a list of symbolic signals.
> (gdb)
>
> So I tried:
> (gdb) signal SIG108
> Continuing with signal SIG108.
>
> But nothing happens.  I tried SIG96, SIG97, SIG98, and set breakpoints at
> __vector_1 and __vector_2 to try and catch anything that happened.  No
> dice.  Any ideas are appreciated.  Thanks.

Do you have signal handlers for __vector_1 and __vector_2?

I was able to get it to work, but discovered that 'signal SIG96'
doesn't send the actual value of 96. It sends 110 instead. So, there
seems to be an signal number offset of 14. This may be different on
different systems.

To get gdb to send a 96 (interrupt vector 0), you need to use the
'signal SIG82' command. Ick.

Well, I said the patch was a hack...

Attached is an updated patch which prints out some diagnostics to see
what vector has been raised and if it is been vectored to.

Ted Roth