[Simulavr-devel] Re: raising signals from gdb

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Re: raising signals from gdb
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:01:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, Keith Gudger wrote:

> Ted:
>
> Your latest patches work great.  I have some information for you on the
> SIGXX values.  The '14' offset is, I think, a fixed value.  If you look at
> the output from "info signal" you will find that SIG96 is entry #110.
> That explains it!  Here's my suggestion.  Why don't you suggest that
> interrupts start at "SIG100" and we'll use the offset of 86 in the code.
> This way, it's easy to think "If I want interrupt 11, I type 'signal
> SIG111'".  What do you think?

I vaguely remember choosing 96 since it was easily maskable (96 ->
0x60). Don't remember why I wanted to be able to mask it though.  ;-)

The major problem with starting with SIG100 is in limiting the number
of irq's you can raise to 27. The mega128 has 34 interrupt. Of course,
starting at 96 only gives 31 available interrupts, so we still lose.

Ted Roth