Re: [Simulavr-devel] New to the list

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] New to the list
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:31:26 +0200 (MEST)

Hi again,

> The problem is that our server is on our intranet without a public IP
> address.
> The only way to get there from the outside is to ssh
> into another server first (outside my control) and then ssh from there
> into our server.
> I did not have time yet to check out how to get X forwarded like that...
> but I hope it can be done relatively easy.

Seems not to be a topic which should be discussed here :-)

> I probably want to make an application like simulavr-disp of the old
> version. I guess this should not be too difficult to interface with
> simulavrxx?

Yes, simply use the gdb interface for that purpose. Then run the
external "disp" application which triggers single step mode and you
have what you want. But the will decrease speed a lot, but if you
want to have a look with disp-tool your eyes will be slower then simulavrxx
:-)

> I was planning on adapting simulavrxx for our personal needs and further
> develop it. I will not develop the old simulavr further, just using it
> now until some issues are resolved.

Can you give us an idea what your "personal needs" for a simulation are?
:-).

Bye
   Klaus