[Simulavr-devel] version bump

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] version bump
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:23:43 +0100

(This started out as a private discussion I had with Joel, but now
let's take that part public.)

> >Btw., I think it's time to bump the configure.ac version string,
> >after all the recent changes.  It still contains the WR initials
> >(for William Rivet).  Maybe even change it to 0.99 now?  Do you
> >want me to discuss that on the list instead?

> I think it should be bumped.
> I think there should be a feature list for 1.0.
> I think there needs to be a project list for GSOC.

So what's the general opinion?

Currently, the version number displays as a rather mystic
"0.8.007-WR_b".

Given all the recent changes, I'd like to see it bumped right now, say
to 0.95 or even 0.99.  A couple of months ago, I did have a hard time
to even get it to compile on my home FreeBSD/i386 machine, while right
now, it compiles out of the box on a good number of machines.
Probably time to install Opensolaris on my old UltraSPARC machine, and
try it there as well, just for a change. :-)