Re: [Simulavr-devel] version bump

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] version bump
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:02:57 -0500

Weddington, Eric wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden
u.org] On Behalf Of Joerg Wunsch
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:24 PM
To: address@hidden
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] version bump

I think there needs to be a project list for GSOC.

I definitely agree with you there. It's just this has had so much activity,
what should be put on such a project list for GSoC?
The current TODO is a starting point.

Adding the missing models from the C version is probably
a good GSoC project.  Grow it from there to add the CPU
models which are only memory size and peripheral subset
variations.  I don't know the effort required though.

I wouldn't expect a student to start cold correcting
an existing CPU model simulation or fixing issues in it.

Knut mentioned a multiple CPUs example that doesn't run.
Probably too little work for GSoC.  But important.

I think testing avr-gcc is the next hurdle.  But again
that is not a GSoC project.

I think one of you guys needs to write the context
switch code for RTEMS now that there is a simulator that I
can debug the port with. <hint>

address@hidden        On-Line Applications Research
  Support Available             (256) 722-9985