Re: [Simulavr-devel] version bump

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] version bump
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:35:52 +0100

Joerg Wunsch wrote:
>> I think it should be bumped.
>> I think there should be a feature list for 1.0.
It's really important to define that including a kind of road map
>> I think there needs to be a project list for GSOC.
>
> So what's the general opinion?
>
> Currently, the version number displays as a rather mystic
> "0.8.007-WR_b".
>
> Given all the recent changes, I'd like to see it bumped right now, say
> to 0.95 or even 0.99.
I like the idea to bump the version, but 0.99 is to close 1.0 and without
knowing what 1.0 will cover on my opinion. Let's bump it to anything between
0.90 and 0.95. Let us define a feature list for 1.0 and next let's use the space
in between for the necessary steps to achieve 1.0.

> Probably time to install Opensolaris on my old UltraSPARC machine, and
> try it there as well, just for a change. :-)
No tuning of the AVR's without Atmels permission :-).

Knut