[Simulavr-devel] Version and doc fixes

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] Version and doc fixes
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:39:03 -0600

Hi All,

I'm working on documentation clean ups, version change (to 0.9cvs), and other
minor cleanups.

Since Joel and others have been working a lot on making sure that simulavrxx
has all the same functionality as the old simulavr, I wanted to change all the
documentation (and other files) to not say simulavrxx any more, but to just use
the name simulavr. The 'xx' part is meaningless to the end user; they don't
care whether it is written in C, C++, or OCaml for that matter. I'm changing
the introduction in the manual to explain the history a bit more.

The down side to this is that it seems I need to change the file name of
doc/simulavrxx.texinfo to doc/simulavr.texinfo so the filename of the pdf is
simulavr.pdf. Do we really care about keeping the CVS history for this file? If
not, I could just delete the one file, and add the new filename. If we want to
keep the history then I assume that we will have to get a savannah admin to
move the file for us, correct?

Eric Weddington