RE: [Simulavr-devel] Version and doc fixes

From: Weddington, Eric
Subject: RE: [Simulavr-devel] Version and doc fixes
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:03:04 -0600

Since these 2 will probably be dumped in the very near future, I don't see a
reason for the comparison.

Joel, I don't know if you're subscribed to the avr-gcc-list mailing list, but I
posted a question on that list this morning about any potential
backwards-compatibility with simulavr. I got 5 immediate rejections of simulavr
(nobody could get it to work) and nobody (yet) cares about
backwards-compatibility.

> X.3 Avrora

That might be an interesting comparison, but hopefully in the future we can be
feature compatibile with avrora, minus the RF support.

Overall, I don't see a great need now to do comparisons. I'd like to put this
off as a future task.

> > The down side to this is that it seems I need to change the
> file name of doc/simulavrxx.texinfo to doc/simulavr.texinfo
> so the filename of the pdf is simulavr.pdf. Do we really care
> about keeping the CVS history for this file? If not, I could
> just delete the one file, and add the new filename.
> Personally I don't think it matters.  There isn't any critical
> history is there?

It's just documentation, not code.

Eric