Re: [Simulavr-devel] Version and doc fixes

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Version and doc fixes
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:32:23 -0500

There seems to be a lot of version strings in the documentation. Is there any
way to pull this in automatically from the configuration?

Yes.  It is just a matter of needing to know everywhere the
version string can show up.  Documentation, C code, etc
get different handling.  In C, it can be put in config.h by
autoconf.  For the doc, we can generate a file which
we include.

By hand in .texinfo, you can lay the groundwork by doing
this near the top.

@set SIMULAVR_VERSION 0.90

and use it like this @value{SIMULAVR_VERSION}

I grep'ed for 0.90 and the 0.8 string and didn't see them
much. Where all is this?
It is easy to do.  I just need a roadmap.

--joel