Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulator performance

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] simulator performance
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:22:03 -0600

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 2:18 PM, Joel Sherrill
<address@hidden> wrote:
> <blush> thanks for the plug.
>
> <hint> we need context switch code to help finish the AVR port. :)

I should look into that because I've got a little project going on
that is in danger of using nested interrupt handlers. From what I've
read, that's a good indication that I should start looking at an RTOS.

> Right but this time I am just doing simple bare metal
> with avr-libc.  I am so used to how newlib does it that
> I have to be retrained. :)

The avr-libc stdio page is a good read. That's where I go every time I
have to be reminded of how to use printf on an avr. But try this on
for size:

#include <stdio.h>

static int uart_putchar(char c, FILE *stream);

static FILE mystdout = FDEV_SETUP_STREAM(uart_putchar, NULL, _FDEV_SETUP_WRITE);

static int
uart_putchar(char c, FILE *stream)
{

  if (c == '\n')