Re: [Simulavr-devel] Use of Python in simulavrxx

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Use of Python in simulavrxx
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:37:23 +0100

As Weddington, Eric wrote:

> If the python support is either broken, or no one volunteers to
> maintain it, then it should be removed.

Agreed.  In other words: if it works, keep it.  I know a lot of people
who aren't really happy with Tcl but would much prefer Python over it.
Personally, I'm quite neutral on the issue: I've been using Tcl
(together with Tk, e.g. in the Mfile utility) but I never really got
to like Tcl myself.

I didn't look at it, but only guessing from what I've seen: all these
interpreter interfaces are derived using SWIG.  In that case, there's
probably no reason to drop the Python stuff, as SWIG is handling all
the low-level details, so nobody has to personally take care about it.

If there's really noone around to maintain the Python part, I guess
I'll find someone whom I could convince. ;-)