Re: [Simulavr-devel] Extended python interface: SetAnalog

From: Petr Hluzín
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Extended python interface: SetAnalog
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 22:53:09 +0200

Hi Sebastian and list

On 11 July 2010 22:15, Sebastian <address@hidden> wrote:
> Maybe I'll try to implement TWI. But I've no plans yet, when to start -
> so don't expect results too soon (or at all).

This is my style of contributing, too.

> Has anyone thought about implementing TWI, yet? Any hints where to
> start, whats missing, what the difficult bits are?

In file http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/simulavr.git/tree/src/atmega16_32.cpp
find constructor AvrDevice_atmega16_32::AvrDevice_atmega16_32().
(Or atmega128.cpp, attiny2313.cpp ..., they are all basically the same.)
There you see how and when the MCU peripherals are instantiated and
wired to the microcontroller (aka "core") registers and interrupts.
Catching register writes and reads, scheduling an interrupt should be
similar to any other peripheral.
(I am not familiar on how are these things wired to the outside.)

> Or is someone already working on TWI and just needs some help in
> testing? I'd like to do that :-)

Nobody, I believe.

--
Petr Hluzin