streamtuner-misc

Re: Hello + Intro + Patch

From: Jean-Yves Lefort
Subject: Re: Hello + Intro + Patch
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:21:08 +0200

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:59:37 +0900
Jon Phillips <address@hidden> wrote:

> Something though that has bothered me is the lack of a save session menu
> item.
>
> I added this as Save Session with Control + S.

There's no point in having such a menu item: the session can be saved
automatically by enabling "Save session upon exit" in the
preferences. If it is disabled, the user is prompted on exit.

Moreover, the current scheme where the whole session (which can be
quite fat) is loaded on startup and saved on exit is not very nice
performance-wise. Actually, a rewrite of streamtuner is in progress
(though very idle at the moment): the CVS version is a GStreamer-based
audio player similar to Rhythmbox, where directories are stored as
separate XML files and loaded/saved only when needed.

Btw, please do not use C++-style comments.

> If I received CVS acces I could do more stuff probably, but I can't find
> mention of this on the site.

The CVS repository is currently kept on my own workstation; Savannah
has too much problems for me to rely on their CVS repo.

--
Jean-Yves Lefort

address@hidden
http://lefort.be.eu.org/