Re: positioning windows

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: positioning windows
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 11:59:44 EST

Nelson,
    Thanks.  I share your dearth of enthusiasm, but was tired of
repositioning the silly windows by hand, and since I took the side excursion
of setting the window titles, decided to do this at the same time.

    After a couple hours research with the Tcl/Tk manual and assorted fragments
of Xt programs, I bagged it and did what you said with wm commands.  (My window
manager is vuewm.  My enthusiasm won't stretch nearly far enough to change
that.)

    Anyway, one problem:  since the ButtonPanel* panel is a private member of
SimControl, I don't think I can get at it.  Its default position, of course,
is neatly hidden under the simulation display....  For your trivia list of
things-to-do.  On the other hand....

    I'd wanted to get my hands on that panel anyway, so is there already
some mechanism for that?  Quite trivially, I want a button for "run for x".
As in, run for 1000 rounds.  In general, I'd like to add a bunch of stuff to
that panel (like, all parameter menus), but this is the one that irks me.
Someone else must have done this?

Cheers,
    Ginger