Re: positioning windows

From: Nelson Minar
Subject: Re: positioning windows
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 12:16:50 MST

>Thanks.  I share your dearth of enthusiasm, but was tired of
>repositioning the silly windows by hand, and since I took the side excursion
>of setting the window titles, decided to do this at the same time.

fair enough. Widgets now have a method
-setWindowPositionX: (int) x Y: (int) y {
  [globalTkInterp eval: "wm geometry %s %+d%+d",
                  [[self getTopLevel] getWidgetName], x, y];
  return self;
}

My goal with tkobjc is to have enough power so that casual users never
have to evaluate a Tcl string. At the same time, I have no intention
of encapsulating all Tcl/Tk functionality, so I try to make it easy
for Swarm users to break out into the Tcl layer when need be.

>I'd wanted to get my hands on that panel anyway, so is there already
>some mechanism for that?

Ask, and ye shall receive. I've added an accessor method to get the
panel. All the SimControl stuff is in the process of changing now, as
part of experiment swarm, I think it will be more flexible soon.