Re: positioning windows

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: positioning windows
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 96 15:03:01 EST

Nelson,
    Ah!  Thou art better at printf than I.

> You're right, though, this doesn't handle the -0 case. Would you
> prefer I just let you specify a geometry string? If you give it a size
> as well as a position, no telling what the size will mean.

The truth?  I want:

    -setPosition: Left/Right/Below/Above RelativeTo: otherwidget

    -getSizeX: int Y: int

    -setSizeX: int Y: int

The rest is jumping hoops to get around not being able to do that.  However
other people might want:

    -getPositionX: int Y: int
    -setPositionX: int Y: int

I can use -1 to get around -0 not being available.  I can jump hoops.  I can
write programs on X-windows....

Whatever.

Cheers,
    Ginger