Re: Maintaining a Debian Swarm package

From: Karl Sackett
Subject: Re: Maintaining a Debian Swarm package
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:56:52 -0600 (CST)

Thor Sigvaldason writes:

>       I'm a long time lurker on this list who has recently found myself
> in possession of a bit of ftp space with a Linux oriented company. In an
> attempt to contribute to the Swarm community, I wonder if anyone would
> find it useful for me to manage a Debian package of Swarm binaries and/or
> source code? I believe there is already an .rpm Swarm package, but
> (IMHO) Debian's open nature and ftp'ble distibution structure might be of
> some benefit to the Swarm project.
>
>       If someone else on this list is already maintaining such a
> package, then I apologize for wasting everybody's bandwidth. If not, I'm
> happy to process yeah or neah votes via address@hidden In any case, I'll
> post a summary of results (and an ftp location if the vote swings that
> way) in a week or two.

I've had Debian packages for Swarm in various stages since last fall.
My work is presently held up by problems configuring libtclobjc -- the
configuration script fails when checking for objc_next_class.  I think
the problem is with the Obj-C patches installed in the Debian gcc
package, but the gcc maintainer and I haven't been able to isolate the
cause.

The beta packages I had worked flawlessly, shared libraries and all.
But I've hit a wall with this libtclobjc problem.

--
Karl Sackett                                           address@hidden

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form
of tyranny over the mind of man." -- Thomas Jefferson