Re: problem with Raster

From: Jae Chan Oh
Subject: Re: problem with Raster
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 17:27:41 -0500 (EST)

Do we need to use "buildObjects" whenever creating a new object?

In my simulation, the objects (say Person) are created and destroyed
dynamically -- that means not in the Observer swarm/Model Swarm but
rather Person Swarm objects can create offsprings. Now, I use
+createBegin and -createEnd pair to do that but I'm getting a core dump
on message to an object defined in swarm library. Looks like I have set up
the "on-the-fly-created" object incorrect. Do I need to call buildObject
and do +createBegin and -createEnd pair inside of buildObject?
If so then what if I need to create different object types depending on
the situation within one class? -- I can have only one buildObject right?

Thanks very much!!

-Jae