Re: win95 installation

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Re: win95 installation
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 23:23:56 -0700

I spent a lot of time trying to install on a "neutral" drive in an attempt to
allow NT and 95 to both access the same code.  My first suggestion is
to move some of the other software from C:->D: to make room for SWARM
on C:.  If you have to install on D:, your primary problem is Cygnus.  It
mounts itself on C: regardless of where it is installed.  You have to do:

umount \
mount d:/ \

to get it looking at the correct place.  If I remember, to do this you have
to start Cygnus from the Cygnus directory, not from swarm.exe.

See how far that gets you.  My strong recomendation is that you use C:,
both Cygnus and emacs really don't like being anywhere else.

Good Luck,

   Doug Donalson